Click here to edit text
This information is taken directly from their website
We’re passionate about providing children with healthy, delicious food that’s good for them, good for nurseries, good for parents and good for the environment.
Here are just a few of the things we do to achieve this.
- We source all our food locally, wherever possible.
- Our menus include organic milk and cream.
- We use free range eggs.
- We make all our soups, stocks and sauces ourselves from scratch, using real ingredients.
- We never use salt in the food we make for children under the age of one, and over the age of one we never include more than 50% of the Recommended Daily Allowance.
- We recycle our waste – this helps to ensure that children have a bright, happy future to look forward to.
- We always make our food with the nutritional requirements of children in mind.
- With the exception of bread, ice cream and some of our specialist diets, our food is completely E-number and additive free.
- We collect/deliver lunches in the most environmentally friendly order possible so as to reduce pollution and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We’ve received a five star rating from Environmental Health.
- All our food is cooked to order.
- Menus are inspected and approved by child nutrition specialist Nicky Dexter
- We never, ever use mechanically recovered meats, reformed meats, offal or fried food. We also never use packet mixes for soups, stocks or sauces.
- We offer a six week menu cycle with seasonal variations.
- We cater to individual requirements, offering parental choice.
- We take allergy requirements very seriously.
- If a child has special food requirements, we try to make their food look as much like the other children’s food as possible so that they don’t feel left out.
- We make our own meat paste for the sandwiches, including fresh whole meat and vegetables.
- We supply generous portions, based on a trusting relationship with our customers.
- We train our staff not just in catering but specifically in catering for children and the unique skills that catering to the under-fives demands.
- We quarter every single grape in our fruit cocktails.
- We know how important it is for you to be able to say to your parents "yes, we can do that" rather than "I'm sorry, the catering company won't do that".
Click here to edit text